Brains Consulting is recruiting:
Senior Python Software Engineer (Embedded) - Hybrid in London, UK
United Kingdom, London
UPDATE 12.09.2023 - the position is fulfilled!
6-10 years of work experience
75,000 - 80,000 GBP / year gross
Are you a big fan of Python and would like to work on a project that blends retail technology, industrial design, and digital technology innovation?
Our client is an award-winning automated retail technology (think vending!) and experiential marketing company.
By working with some of the world's leading vending operators and retail brands, the company has developed cutting edge software and is on a mission to reinvent vending. Their technology enables them to deliver high levels of customization to vend a variety of items and engage customers at point of sale in unique ways.
The product is blending engineering, industrial design and digital technology while constantly innovating to develop amazing products for clients.
We are looking for a Senior Python Software Engineer to join the team in London, UK (hybrid on-site).
YOUR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
5+ years of experience with Python (overall 7+ years of full-stack experience)
Experience writing efficient code that will run on a range of different hardware platforms, including IoT/embedded systems.
Strong computer science fundamentals (OOP, Data Structures, Algorithms, Multi-threading)
Good spoken English
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience of designing resilient and sustainable future-proof software, and of optimizing existing software.
- Focused on quality, able to work quickly and accurately. Confident self-starter, solution-oriented with a creative mindset. A strong problem solver with keen attention to detail, able to blend creative and analytical thinking.
- Experience refactoring, improving test suites, and identifying opportunities for new tests, while also having the ability to think critically and build from rough specifications.
- Experience building packages that integrate with 3rd party services and hardware over different protocols including Serial (RS232/RS485), TCP/IP and Sockets.
- Experience with state machines and designing for electro-mechanical devices.
- Experience with Linux Operating System (Debian preferably), and Command-line /shell script environments.
- Experience using git based source control.
- Knowledge of working with Sentry.
- Experience working with IoT solutions, including creating software for distributed hardware applications.
- Understanding of security best practices when writing packages, and a willingness to contribute constructively within the team to identify areas of risk and improvement.
- Understanding of payment technologies and terminology, including general payment architecture and challenges involved when building payment pipelines (for instance, the role of a gateway, payment service provider and acquirer).
- Understanding embedded programming principles in C/C++
Be prepared to answer at the following Qualification Questions:
1. Do you have at least 7 years of full-stack web development experience?
2. Have you used Python professionally for at least 5 years?
3. Have you studied computer science? Do you understand the fundamental CS concepts?
4. Do you have experience with hardware platforms (IoT/embedded systems)?
5. Are you based in London, UK, and do you have a work permit?
Work in an office in the centre of London (Hybrid model).
Competitive salary package.
Comprehensive benefits package.
Comprehensive health insurance through Vitality offered after completing probation.
Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
Collaborative and inclusive work environment that encourages innovation and creativity.
Cutting-edge projects with the latest technologies and tools.
Work-life balance with flexible working hours and the option for remote work.
Supportive and experienced team members, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and mentorship.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
Please send your resume to IT@brainsconsulting.ro
More info – please contact Adelina Tirziu – IT Recruitment Manager: 0040733733411
"Our collaboration with Brains Consulting is already old, being with us for over 6 years in recruitment projects in the field of specialists in transportation! Every time the Brains Consulting team approached each project with great seriousness, trying to send the best applications. I have nothing but appreciation for the collaboration with Brains so that we can continue to have many beautiful recruitment projects together!"
“ Brains Consulting is a very dedicated and responsible company. We really appreciated the ability to connect with people and find the professionals we needed. We recommend Brains for any challenging project where you need skilled workers from different sectors because they are really good at solving problems. It has been a good experience working together! “
"I first met with Adelina online, at the height of the Pandemic. From our very first meeting, she has been so honest, helpful and an absolute lady to work with. I have worked with Adelina now on many projects, and I would not hesitate to recommend Brains Consulting. They truly are a person centered company, and will always deliver a wonderful service.
To anyone seeking recruitment services, I highly recommend Brains Consulting. Adelina and her team are an absolute pleasure to work with."
„ As we’re growing to a higher number and quality of people, every day, Brains Consulting is one of the pillar stones that helped us in developing and becoming a more powerful agency. Since our collaboration started, back in the first months of 2018, they provided qualified and trustworthy workers in the construction field. They have access to a wide audience, and we hired tens of people from their recommendations. Weekly they present new people with experiences varying from Painters, Drywallers to Carpenters and Shuttering Carpenters. There is a good connexion between us and furthermore, the future will let us grow together. If you need workers, Brains Consulting is an efficient go-to agency, which we gladly recommend”
„We have been working with Adelina TIRIZIU of BRAINS CONSULTING since 2012. She has a great network in Romania and this is what matters to us the most as our clients are facing a critical lack of healthcare professionals. Thus, finding adequate candidates is key to success for them and therefore for us.”