Brains Consulting is recruiting:
Product Owner / Manager - Berlin, Germany
ON SITE/ Hybrid, Berlin/ Germany
At least 5-6 years of relevant experience (Senior)
75k to 105k Euros - Gross – Negotiable
Would you like to build applications that positively impact the health and fitness industry?
Our client is a High-Tech company that provides a service improving the everyday health and life of customers in Germany.
The role is a cornerstone in the product team, as the frontend is the main digital customer-interaction point to the vertically integrated product - from the physical machine to the customer mobile app:
The technology combines a physical fitness machine, modern apps and a cloud based backend with a host of data.
You will take complete, end-to-end ownership of all frontend projects across the entire stack. It is a fascinating role with a lot of room to learn and shape. You will grow into a team leadership role hiring and coach a team of A-Players.
For the product team we are looking for a Product Owner / Product Manager for the Software and Hardware stack at the office location in Berlin, Germany.
In this role you will:
- Manage the roadmap and backlog for the Apps developed with internal software team (a mix of remote and on-site engineers)
- Work with 3rd party providers to improve / change the fitness machine design – an external manufacturer and engineers.
- You'll partially manage these external projects.
- Coordinate the external suppliers, organize weekly meetings, manage the priorities and be involved in the specifications.
- Drive the future product developments with the development team
- At least 5-6+ years of IT Product Management experience
- Experience with both web and mobile application development (as a PO)
- Background in Health / Fitness industry
The Ideal Candidate:
- Highly skilled in prioritizing stories, features based on business impact, KPIs and outcome. We do not want someone that is just in love with some fancy features but always has a clear KPI mindset. What drives conversion? How do we get more referrals? What are the top 3 paint points of customers and coaches? What is the next best feature to meet our mission?
- Very good understanding of product flows (UX flows, data flows) and a good understanding of technology and applications. Needs to have a feeling for technical complexity. Is this easy? Feasible? Difficult? What are dependencies? What are corner-cases to consider? Does not need to be able to write Software him/herself, but able to challenge developers.
- Productivity mindset. Striving to increase the efficiency and output of the team
- Good feeling for both technology and esthetics (but does not have to be UX expert and designer - will add such resources externally)
What we do currently:
- Technical stories (backend, tech debt, architecture, refactoring) are mostly managed by the dev team itself
- All feature based stories are done by the product manager. This involves defining the flow, Definitions of Done, Visual Mocks.
- Good communication skills to talk to developers, external suppliers, business, customers
- Interest in health, exercise - if you have some background in ergonomics or similar this would be a great plus!
Be prepared to answer at the following assessment Questions:
Do you have at least 5-6 years of Product Ownership / Management experience?
Have you worked on developing Health or Fitness applications? (as a PO with devs)
Have you developed mobile applications? (as a PO with devs)
Have you developed Hardware products? (as a PO with devs)
Are you based in Berlin (Germany) or would you like to relocate?
Are you excited about fitness / health in general?
- Berlin, Germany
- Open to interview candidates from around the world – if you're willing to relocate to Berlin in Germany.
- Be at the tip of innovation in the fitness and health market
- Be part of a team improving the customers quality of life
- High level of freedom and responsibility
- Personal growth and self-development
- Young, dynamic focused team
- Surrounded by health enthusiasts who live what they preach
- Regular (weekly) workouts (of course!)
- An attractive overall package
Tech-Stack – Just FYI so you know what do your future colleagues work with:
- Customer App: React Native (albeit only a frame, inside is the responsive Web-Version in React Web): Written both in TypeScript
- Coaching & Admin App: React Web in TypeScript
- Training App: Electron Container. Inside two Screens in React Web in TypeScript
• Hardware Machine: Node stack in Typescript within Electron. Custom TypeScript machine-driver (on top of an HTTP API) to manage sensors and motors of the physical machine
o GraphQL API running as Lambda function in AWS (serverless)
o Cognito for Authentication, CloudWatch for Logs, CloudFormation for IaC, Things for IoT registration
o Databases: Currently PostgreSQL, Neptune and DocumentDb - but migrating all to PostgreSQL only now to simplify the backend)
So all in all: It’s a modern TypeScript-only environment
Full-time long-term engagement
Employment if you are based in Germany
Visa is not sponsored at this point (can be discussed though)
Please send your resume to IT@brainsconsulting.ro
More info – please contact Adelina Tirziu – IT Recruitment Manager: 0040733733411
"Our collaboration with Brains Consulting is already old, being with us for over 6 years in recruitment projects in the field of specialists in transportation! Every time the Brains Consulting team approached each project with great seriousness, trying to send the best applications. I have nothing but appreciation for the collaboration with Brains so that we can continue to have many beautiful recruitment projects together!"
“ Brains Consulting is a very dedicated and responsible company. We really appreciated the ability to connect with people and find the professionals we needed. We recommend Brains for any challenging project where you need skilled workers from different sectors because they are really good at solving problems. It has been a good experience working together! “
"I first met with Adelina online, at the height of the Pandemic. From our very first meeting, she has been so honest, helpful and an absolute lady to work with. I have worked with Adelina now on many projects, and I would not hesitate to recommend Brains Consulting. They truly are a person centered company, and will always deliver a wonderful service.
To anyone seeking recruitment services, I highly recommend Brains Consulting. Adelina and her team are an absolute pleasure to work with."
„ As we’re growing to a higher number and quality of people, every day, Brains Consulting is one of the pillar stones that helped us in developing and becoming a more powerful agency. Since our collaboration started, back in the first months of 2018, they provided qualified and trustworthy workers in the construction field. They have access to a wide audience, and we hired tens of people from their recommendations. Weekly they present new people with experiences varying from Painters, Drywallers to Carpenters and Shuttering Carpenters. There is a good connexion between us and furthermore, the future will let us grow together. If you need workers, Brains Consulting is an efficient go-to agency, which we gladly recommend”
„We have been working with Adelina TIRIZIU of BRAINS CONSULTING since 2012. She has a great network in Romania and this is what matters to us the most as our clients are facing a critical lack of healthcare professionals. Thus, finding adequate candidates is key to success for them and therefore for us.”