Brains Consulting is recruiting:
Group Product Manager - Hybrid On-site Spain - Relocation Supported
Hybrid On-site Spain,Barcelona
At least 6-7 years of relevant experience (Senior)
Would you like to work at one of the leading TravelTech companies in the Central Europe?
Our client provides innovative TravelTech solutions for customers and businesses. Their unique online search engine allows users to combine transportation from carriers that normally do not cooperate.
Travel itineraries allow users to combine flights and ground transportation from over 800 carriers.
They just closed €100,000,000.00 funding round and are poised to grow above and beyond!
We are looking for a Group Product Manager to join a "Pricing" team in this fast-growing scale-up.
You'll work on new upsell / ancillaries features & revenues.
You can now RELOCATE to one of the best countries for expats: the living standard is high and living costs are much lower than in the Western Europe! This is a great location if you'd like to travel around Europe as well.
What You Be Responsible For:
- Building strategy for the pricing product domain (OKRs) to support the overall company vision and strategy
- Partnering with pricing and revenue management teams to define the pricing strategy across B2C and B2B2C channels, optimizing toward different objectives (revenue, CLTV, competitiveness)
- Designing and building teams to efficiently achieve the company and domain objectives
- Owning the roadmaps of the domain as a whole and ensuring timely delivery
- Delivering complex cross-team features and initiatives leading to significant improvements in competitiveness and revenue
- Innovating in the way travel inventory such as base fares and ancillary products are priced
- Slingshotting pricing products from rule-based to AI-based approaches
- Designing the state-of-the-art B2C pricing system supporting optimization for CLTV and longer-term customer relationship
- Optimizing the B2B2C pricing strategies and products for real-time pricing in the competitive landscape
- Building comprehensive costs and revenue predictions models
- Designing and implementing innovative ways of pricing travel itineraries and ancillaries related to them
- Defining the domain objectives to empower product teams to find the best possible solution for a given problem
- Innovating based on the analytics, market trends, customer research and any other source of insights
- Being a player-coach for the team of product managers under your supervision, not being afraid of working hands-on on a given feature.
- Understanding the Budgeting process and the dynamics connected to your domain and active participant in the creation of the company-wide budget
- Being able to prepare a business case for every part of your domain and being able to create a strategic long-term roadmap
- Participating in the Company-wide OKRs process, Strategy definition, and being an active member of the group responsible for Objective definition in your area
- Establish a data-driven approach and Key Performance Indicators for your domain and key initiatives
You have 6+ years (5 min) in a Product Management role in the IT industry successfully launched multiple B2C/B2B2C products
Your English is fluent – both written and spoken. You will work in an environment with people of 50+ nationalities.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- You have people management experience
- You have strong product & business & technology acumen and entrepreneurship drive
- You have hands-on knowledge of data, statics and statistical principles (analytical tools, AB testing, modeling, significance, pi-values, sample-sizes etc)
- You have 6+ years of experience in driving product development in agile environments
- You have a good understanding of microeconomics concepts such as supply/demand, scarcity, elasticity, costs/benifits, incentives
- You understand the basic techniques of Machine Learning.
- You have a strong technical background, talking the same language with engineering
- You are able to identify product gaps and market opportunities.
- You are used to owning several lines or the whole P&L
- You are a strong advocate of your Product domains able to grab attention & traction from the whole organization and influence other teams
- You understand fully the architecture and tech components behind their product area and the broader architecture. You partner with Engineering Managers to make decisions on technical solutions.
- You are able to define the priority of backlog items based on data insights and user feedback and keep the backlog in order, as well as define and own the roadmap priorities.
- You know what an MVP means – and how to deliver it.
- You will be able to cooperate with remote teams.
- You have experience working with multiple stakeholders.
- You know how to draw conclusions from a diverse set of feedback.
- You are able to work towards the goals without day-to-day supervision.
- You have a passion for new technologies and digital products.
- Travel and Pricing domains experience is a plus
Be prepared to answer at the following Pre-screening Qualification Questions:
1. Do you have at least 5-6 years of Product Management experience in high-tech companies?
2. Have you led complex software products?
3. Do you have experience with e-commerce, booking, FinTech or pricing platforms?
4. Is your English fluent enough to communicate with international colleagues?
5. Are you based in Barcelona in Spain or would you like to relocate there?
• Why To Join?
• It feels like a startup within a scale-up company!
• Fast paced & ambitious growing company... which means a lot of data to process!
• Great team spirit and autonomy to deliver results the way you prefer.
• No blame culture
• "All of us make mistakes and we try to ensure that we learn from that and do not repeat the same mistake in the future. Each major incident is addressed in the postmortem to improve the process."
• Fail fast, learn fast
• "When delivering a new business feature, we implement the MVP version in the first place to prove the business case. Afterward, we aim for a proper technical solution. We try to avoid nitpicking."
• "Our aim is to provide you with enough context so that you can act independently. Most of our workload is organized in Jira but you aren’t limited to strictly defined tasks. We encourage you to come up with your own solution to the problems and will support you in cross team cooperation. We don’t like micromanagement."
• No question is stupid
• "We promote a safe environment within the team to make sure you will feel comfortable to ask any questions or raise any concerns since day 1."
• Help other teammates
• "As no one is a specialist for all directions, we believe that knowledge sharing is the key to team’s success. We encourage you to ask questions and we support you to pass technical knowledge and domain knowledge on more junior team members. We help each other if needed."
• Releases & deployment process
• "We rely on fully automated CI/CD pipelines that allow us to release/rollback versions as often as we need – with a single click. We like canary releases."
- Python 3.6 - 3.9
- Flask, Falcon, FastAPI, Connexion, Celery
- Yarn workspaces (monorepo-like setup)
- GraphQL, Node.js
- PostgreSQL, Redis, SQLAlchemy
- GCP, AWS, K8s, Docker, Datadog, Gitlab (including GItlab pipelines)
- React, Redux, Relay, Next.js, Flow, TypeScript, Styled-components, Babel, Webpack, Gulp, Storybook
- Cypress E2E testing and Jest with React Testing Library
Agile working processes: both Scrum, Kanban and even Scrumban in place.
Core backend languages are Python & Golang
Code maintenance using GitLab and deploy using its CI/CD
Deployments are running on Kubernetes (GKE)
GCP products (Pub/Sub, Google Cloud Storage, BigQuery, CloudSQL)
NoSQL databases – Redis, ElasticSearch
To ensure nothing goes wrong we monitor our service using Sentry & Datadog
Very flexible, but also value Face-to-face collaboration as it creates great team spirit, a feeling of belonging and keeps mental health in check.
Flexible working schedule
Start date as soon as you can
- Valuable Stock options
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences
- Quarterly bonuses
- VIP Medical Care
- 20+5 days vacation / year
- Sick days
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria program, Multisport card
Relocation package 1.5x to 2.0x first months salary to cover initial expenses
Seniority L6 around €6,200/mo, Seniority L7 around €7,250/mo, L8 at €8k/mo
Please send your resume to IT@brainsconsulting.ro
More info – please contact Adelina Tirziu – IT Recruitment Manager: 0040733733411
"Our collaboration with Brains Consulting is already old, being with us for over 6 years in recruitment projects in the field of specialists in transportation! Every time the Brains Consulting team approached each project with great seriousness, trying to send the best applications. I have nothing but appreciation for the collaboration with Brains so that we can continue to have many beautiful recruitment projects together!"
“ Brains Consulting is a very dedicated and responsible company. We really appreciated the ability to connect with people and find the professionals we needed. We recommend Brains for any challenging project where you need skilled workers from different sectors because they are really good at solving problems. It has been a good experience working together! “
"I first met with Adelina online, at the height of the Pandemic. From our very first meeting, she has been so honest, helpful and an absolute lady to work with. I have worked with Adelina now on many projects, and I would not hesitate to recommend Brains Consulting. They truly are a person centered company, and will always deliver a wonderful service.
To anyone seeking recruitment services, I highly recommend Brains Consulting. Adelina and her team are an absolute pleasure to work with."
„ As we’re growing to a higher number and quality of people, every day, Brains Consulting is one of the pillar stones that helped us in developing and becoming a more powerful agency. Since our collaboration started, back in the first months of 2018, they provided qualified and trustworthy workers in the construction field. They have access to a wide audience, and we hired tens of people from their recommendations. Weekly they present new people with experiences varying from Painters, Drywallers to Carpenters and Shuttering Carpenters. There is a good connexion between us and furthermore, the future will let us grow together. If you need workers, Brains Consulting is an efficient go-to agency, which we gladly recommend”
„We have been working with Adelina TIRIZIU of BRAINS CONSULTING since 2012. She has a great network in Romania and this is what matters to us the most as our clients are facing a critical lack of healthcare professionals. Thus, finding adequate candidates is key to success for them and therefore for us.”