ðŸ”´ Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
SWEDEN / Göteborg
Requirements for education
Specialist in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry from within the EU
B-category driving license is desirable.
Description of the activity
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry outpatient care, emergency services with acute assessments, day care, child psychiatric diagnoses and neuropsychiatric diagnoses. Collaborates with other hospital administrations in the Western Götaland region regarding child psychiatric inpatient care. Doctors have on-call duties approximately every 7-8 weekends as stand-by for inpatient care in Trollhättan - the employer then takes care of travel and subsistence.
BUP Skaraborg's patient groups cover all children and young people under the age of 18 who have a neuropsychiatric disability or mental difficulties or ill health (e.g. anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive behaviour).
At our eating disorder unit, we have patients of all ages, including adults.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (BUP) in Skaraborg is responsible for the specialized child and adolescent psychiatry for approximately 56,000 children and young people. Our business consists of two outpatient receptions, BUP Skövde and BUP Mariestad, each with its own satellite reception in Lidköping and Falköping. The business also includes units that have the whole of Skaraborg as a catchment area, BUP day care, emergency team and intermediate care, as well as a unit where age-related eating disorder care is conducted.
Inpatient care places for our patients are located in Trollhättan, where we are part of a collaboration with NU healthcare (NU Healthcare is a management in the Västra Götaland region). The child psychiatric inpatient care unit in Trollhättan has 6 care places and serves both Skaraborg Hospital and the catchment area of NU healthcare.
Since 2017, we have worked a lot with the implementation of the regional development plan for Child Psychiatry in Västra Götaland. The development plan is the basis for an increasingly specialized child psychiatry and aims at a more equal care within the region. We keep our focus on constantly developing and renewing our working methods to achieve better care quality and efficiency for the patient.
There are many different professional categories within BUP. The expertise includes nurses, assistant nurses, psychologist, ST doctors, psychiatrists, counsellor, psychotherapist, carers, treatment assistant, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, dietitian, and medical secretary, special educator and unit manager.
About the hospital:
The Hospital has activities in several locations including in Skaraborg, Falköping, Lidköping, Mariestad and Skövde. We provide specialist healthcare in about thirty specialties and work together for the patient's health through life, where we offer a coherent and safe care. The Hospital is known for being a good educational hospital.
Approximately every 7-8 weekends as stand-by for inpatient care in Trollhättan - the employer then takes care of travel and subsistence.
We are looking for a specialist doctor who wants to work clinically, but it is possible to combine clinical work with a certain amount of time for research (max. 20%).
Planned date of employment
As soon as possible (after completing Swedish language course on B2-level).
Once one has reached B2-level, they move to Gothenburg and start a trial period as an assistant doctor with 50% language training and 50% clinical introduction named PLUS until C1-level is reached and legitimation is obtained.
Salary during this time is SEK 46,000 / month. After the probation period it will raise continuously up to 60-70.000 SEK or even more.
PLUS introductory program is applied to doctors trained in countries within the EU but outside of Sweden. Prerequisites are knowledge of the Swedish language at the lowest level B2 and employment in the Västra Götaland Region. Swedish licence to practice is not a requirement.
The purpose of PLUS is to create familiarity in the Swedish health care system for doctors trained abroad by contributing with increased knowledge and understanding. The goal is for the participants to develop good language skills, a good understanding of attitudes and treatment issues as well as familiarity with the regulations that apply and which actors and partners exist around health care. This contributes to increased security for the participant and thus increased patient safety in care.
The education includes:
- continuation course in the Swedish language with communication and culture (level C1)
- lectures and seminars: topics related to the professional approach in Swedish health care; for example, interprofessional collaboration, ethics, person-centered care, laws and regulations, documentation, insurance medicine, mental illness and more
- group supervision in small groups with reflection on own experiences and theoretical sections, under the guidance of experienced doctors.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry – Västra Götaland
The training lasts for 34 weeks, 1-2 days per week depending on language level.
Services offered by the Employer and Partners
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Partners
• 6 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Possibility of free language education for family members – depends on individual agreement
• Informal help during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
• 2 days long free Swedish legal and social training
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
Don’t forget to tell your colleagues about this professional opportunity!
Asteptam CV-ul dvs in limba engleza la adresa de email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pentru si mai multe detalii ne puteti contacta de luni pana vineri intre orele 09:00 si 17:30 la numarul: 0040 0733733411 sau 0040 733733511.
ðŸ”´ Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist Doctor SWEDEN / GÃ¶teborg