Domiciliary Care Assistants
for the UNITED KINGDOM
1. WHO ARE THE EMPLOYERS?
- Our clients are large companies which provide high quality domiciliary care in North Surrey, South London, Somerset, Maidstone, Gravesend, Dartford, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Suffolk and Buckinghamshire.
- They provide a wide range of practical help and support to local people who, because of infirmity, illness or disability, require assistance in their own homes.
- They have an excellent reputation with their Service Users and their families, with Local Authorities and Social Service Departments, and with Care Regulators and Inspectorates.
- They are fully accredited; and continually monitor their service and train their staff to ensure that the high standards are maintained.
2. WHAT ARE THE JOB REQUIRMENTS?
- Minimum 20 years’ old;
- Good level of English is necessary;
- Driving licence B category and to be a confident driver;*
- Pleasant, communicative and confident person to work with the elderly;
- Experience is not mandatory, as training will be provided, but a strong motivation to work in the care industry and with elderly people is necessary;
3. WHAT IS THE JOB DESCRIPTION OF A DOMICILIARY CARE ASSISTANT?
- To make home visits to the service users using a company’s car (car and petrol are provided by client for work use only);
-To assist the service users with their personal needs like personal hygiene, washing, changing their clothes etc.;
- To assist them in taking their meals;
- To help the service users move in order to avoid bedsores;
- To change incontinence pads;
- To administer the treatment prescribed by their doctor;
- To change beds, tidy resident’s rooms and do light cleaning;
4. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Gross Salary: £7.75 - £11.70 / hour
- Full time contract for minimum 40 hours /week and overtime potential
- Shared accommodation provided at £70 - £100 /week including water, gas, electricity and council tax
- Training period paid by the employer (you will receive a certificate after completion);
- Medical Insurance (National Health Service)
- 20 days of paid holiday + 8 public holidays
- Improve your English language skills and gain experience in a foreign country
- Minimum Net Savings (after tax) / month, based on hours per week
Hours/week Net Salary/Month
40 £1,177 - £1,643
44 £1,269 - £1,781
50 £1,360 - £1,919
From this amount you will need to pay the accommodation
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
•You will provide care to the patient in their home, using a company car, which must be used only for this purpose (the car is not for personal use);
•The visits at the patient’s homes take between 15 minutes to 1 hour.
•The work schedule is from Monday to Sunday in shifts, by rotation with the other care assistants;
• You will receive a GPS in order to guide you, until you get used to the surrounding areas.
6. HOW MUCH MONEY WILL YOU NEED?
Initial money required (in £ British Pounds) is:
- One way plane ticket: £100 (approximately) – depending on when you book your flight
- We recommend first month’s spending money before obtaining the first salary: £300
Before arriving in the United Kingdom, and start working as a domiciliary care assistant, please access the below web-site. It contains information regarding the legal aspects of driving in the United Kingdom.
BRAINS CONSULTING does not charge any fees for the recruitment process!
If you are interested, please contact us at:
Direct Mobile (RO): 0040-733733511
Domiciliary Care Assistants for the UNITED KINGDOM