• Do you enjoy working on systems with worldwide impact for a better environment, humans and animals?
• Would you like to take a technical leadership role, in which you will help determine the technical direction of this organization?
• Do you think it is interesting that this is a team-transcending role and that you have an organization-wide scope?
• Do you also want to work in a technically modern environment with Java11, Spring Boot, React, Docker, AWS and even Scala for the enthusiast?
Does this appeal to you? Do not wait any longer to respond!
Your employer: Software Platform for a better environment and well-being of humans and animals
This organization occupies a very special position within the Netherlands and far beyond. Here you will find a unique combination between facilitating entertainment for millions of Dutch people, and at the same time, you will be working here every day to create a better world for people and animals. A combination that is unique worldwide at this scale.
The systems are very complex and face many high-availability and performance challenges. All this must also be highly secure and the systems must have absolutely no downtime. All in all very tangible products that every Dutch person knows with a good dose of technical complexity. The great thing is that by solving all this complexity, tens of millions can be invested in a better world for humans and animals. Speaking of impact!
This dynamic club is constantly on the move. For example, there are already a few interesting issues on the Roadmap, in which the Lead Java Developer will play a key role.
The entire backend becomes a Serverless Cloud solution completely on AWS. The different parts will also be offered as SaaS solutions. People are also looking increasingly critically at how coding standards can be raised and you get the opportunity to do a lot of R&D on new technologies. The goal is to innovate the tech-stack of the organization broadly in the coming period. Of course, new features and products are continuously being developed on the platform. Even though they are working here with a nice modern stack (Java8 +, Spring Boot, React / Vue with Docker on AWS), they are always looking forward to innovating further.
The organization has an informal character. There is a very friendly ambience of people who want to use modern technologies to build a better world. There are many training and career opportunities within the organization and you can see that in the low turnover here.
Your role: Lead Java Developer Amsterdam
In your role as Lead Java Developer Amsterdam you are one of the technical pillars of the organization. You as a Lead Java Developer will ensure that people are continuously able to innovate here. You do this by continuously taking a critical look at optimizing technologies, coding standards and processes, and how the different teams can develop in a uniform manner. It will come as no surprise that you get a lot of time and space for R&D, POC’s and design sessions with the architects. All this so that you get enough space to set up really well-thought-out innovations.
In your role, you will be the person who will have a lot of impact and influence on the technical choices that are made here. You are therefore directly under the management and transcend the team. HR responsibilities are NOT part of your responsibilities, so you can focus 100% on technology. How nice is that?
What is being asked?
• Minimum 5 years of professional Java software development experience
• About 1 year of experience as a lead developer
• Experience with stakeholder management
• Experience with Java8 or higher is an advantage
• Experience with Spring Boot and / or Docker is an advantage
• Experience with AWS, preferably setting up and migrating to AWS
• Experience with Cloud and / or SaaS solutions
• Experience with CI/CD and TDD is an advantage
What is offered?
• Salary up to € 82,500 based on full time
• 10% bonus
• Public Transport card
• Possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours
• Flexible working hours
• 25 vacation days with the possibility to buy 2 weeks here
• Excellent pension scheme
• Business laptop
• Fully catered breakfast and lunch
• Personal training budget
• The opportunity to take sports lessons with private trainers
Do you want to work within a company where people and animal welfare are the number 1 priority as a Lead Java Developer Amsterdam?
Please send your resume to IT@brainsconsulting.ro
More info – please contact Adelina Tirziu – IT Recruitment Manager: 0040733733411