Brains Consulting is recruiting:
Engineering Lead - Frontend React – onsite - Spain, Barcelona
ON SITE, Full time
Relocation provided, Visa provided
Would you like to work at one of the leading TravelTech companies in the Central Europe?
Our client provides innovative TravelTech solutions for customers and businesses. Their unique online search engine allows users to combine transportation from carriers that normally do not cooperate.
Travel itineraries allow users to combine flights and ground transportation from over 800 carriers.
They just closed €100,000,000.00 funding round and are poised to grow above and beyond!
We are looking for an Engineering Lead to join a Frontend React team in Barcelona in Spain.
You can now RELOCATE to one of the best countries for expats: the living standard is high and living costs are much lower than in the Western Europe! This is a great location if you'd like to travel around Europe as well.
What You Be Responsible For:
- You manage 3-5 engineers (Frontend React developers).
- You are responsible that your reports deliver high-quality work. You maintain quality of code, minimize outages and errors, and assert that team-wide and company-wide guidelines are followed. You are responsible for a technical vision within the domain, including audit trails, report parsing, and virtual credit card management.
- You maintain a strong relationship with your reports, assuming responsibility for their personal development in technical and soft skills. You are responsible for the general well-being of all team members. You action their concerns to the best of your ability, escalating when required.
- You determine the hiring requirements and promotion plans of your team. You participate in the hiring process.
- You serve as a representative for your team when communicating with product managers, other teams, and other stakeholders. You connect your team members to product managers and their features and assure the quality of their cooperation.
- You help your team prioritize the incoming requests, distributing work amongst team members, and assuring that their tasks are well defined and productive.
- You help your team members make technical decisions and involve technical experts when these decisions involve higher scopes. You share your technical expertise regularly.
- 6+ years experience with software engineering
- Experience managing (leading) a team of software developers
- Fluent English
Be prepared to ask at the following Qualification Questions:
1. Do you have at least 6 years of experience with software engineering?
2. Have you led a team of web / Frontend engineers?
3. Are you proficient with React and can lead developers by example?
4. Is your English fluent enough to communicate with international colleagues?
5. Are you based in Barcelona, Spain or would you like to relocate there?
NOTE: Interviews will be organized after Aug 22, 2022 due to holidays.
Will be discussed during the interview
Why To Join?
It feels like a startup within a scaleup company!
Fast paced & ambitious growing company... which means a lot of data to process!
Great team spirit and autonomy to deliver results the way you prefer.
No blame culture
"All of us make mistakes and we try to ensure that we learn from that and do not repeat the same mistake in the future. Each major incident is addressed in the postmortem to improve the process.
Fail fast, learn fast
"When delivering a new business feature, we implement the MVP version in the first place to prove the business case. Afterward, we aim for a proper technical solution. We try to avoid nitpicking."
"Our aim is to provide you with enough context so that you can act independently. Most of our workload is organized in Jira but you aren’t limited to strictly defined tasks. We encourage you to come up with your own solution to the problems and will support you in cross team cooperation. We don’t like micromanagement."
No question is stupid
"We promote a safe environment within the team to make sure you will feel comfortable to ask any questions or raise any concerns since day 1."
Help other teammates
"As no one is a specialist for all directions, we believe that knowledge sharing is the key to team’s success. We encourage you to ask questions and we support you to pass technical knowledge and domain knowledge on more junior team members. We help each other if needed."
Releases & deployment process
"We rely on fully automated CI/CD pipelines that allow us to release/rollback versions as often as we need – with a single click. We like canary releases."
Python 3.6 - 3.9
Flask, Falcon, FastAPI, Connexion, Celery
Yarn workspaces (monorepo-like setup)
PostgreSQL, Redis, SQLAlchemy
GCP, AWS, K8s, Docker, Datadog, Gitlab (including GItlab pipelines)
React, Redux, Relay, Next.js, Flow, TypeScript, Styled-components, Babel, Webpack, Gulp, Storybook
Cypress E2E testing and Jest with React Testing Library
- Agile working processes: both Scrum, Kanban and even Scrumban in place.
- Core backend languages are Python & Golang
- Code maintenance using GitLab and deploy using its CI/CD
- Deployments are running on Kubernetes (GKE)
- GCP products (Pub/Sub, Google Cloud Storage, BigQuery, CloudSQL)
- NoSQL databases – Redis, ElasticSearch
- To ensure nothing goes wrong we monitor our service using Sentry & Datadog
- Very flexible, but also value Face-to-face collaboration as it creates great team spirit, a feeling of belonging and keeps mental health in check.
Flexible working schedule
Start date as soon as you can
- Valuable Stock options
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences
- Quarterly bonuses
- VIP Medical Care
- 20+5 days vacation / year
- Sick days
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria program, Multisport card
- Relocation Support:
- Visa supported
- Relocation package 1.5x to 2.0x first months salary to cover initial expenses
At least 6-7 years of relevant experience (Senior)
Please send your resume to IT@brainsconsulting.ro
More info – please contact Adelina Tirziu – IT Recruitment Manager: 0040733733411
"Our collaboration with Brains Consulting is already old, being with us for over 6 years in recruitment projects in the field of specialists in transportation! Every time the Brains Consulting team approached each project with great seriousness, trying to send the best applications. I have nothing but appreciation for the collaboration with Brains so that we can continue to have many beautiful recruitment projects together!"
“ Brains Consulting is a very dedicated and responsible company. We really appreciated the ability to connect with people and find the professionals we needed. We recommend Brains for any challenging project where you need skilled workers from different sectors because they are really good at solving problems. It has been a good experience working together! “
"I first met with Adelina online, at the height of the Pandemic. From our very first meeting, she has been so honest, helpful and an absolute lady to work with. I have worked with Adelina now on many projects, and I would not hesitate to recommend Brains Consulting. They truly are a person centered company, and will always deliver a wonderful service.
To anyone seeking recruitment services, I highly recommend Brains Consulting. Adelina and her team are an absolute pleasure to work with."
„ As we’re growing to a higher number and quality of people, every day, Brains Consulting is one of the pillar stones that helped us in developing and becoming a more powerful agency. Since our collaboration started, back in the first months of 2018, they provided qualified and trustworthy workers in the construction field. They have access to a wide audience, and we hired tens of people from their recommendations. Weekly they present new people with experiences varying from Painters, Drywallers to Carpenters and Shuttering Carpenters. There is a good connexion between us and furthermore, the future will let us grow together. If you need workers, Brains Consulting is an efficient go-to agency, which we gladly recommend”
„We have been working with Adelina TIRIZIU of BRAINS CONSULTING since 2012. She has a great network in Romania and this is what matters to us the most as our clients are facing a critical lack of healthcare professionals. Thus, finding adequate candidates is key to success for them and therefore for us.”
Brains Consulting SRL
str. J.H. Pestalozzi, nr. 3-5, cam 207
str. Dreptatea, nr.16, ap. 11
Email: office @ brainsconsulting.ro
Phone: 0040 729 478762
Web Design by Dow Media | Gazduire Web BanatHost.ro